Birthready in partnership with Mothercare are able to offer two fantastic workshops for expectant parents. Choose from a Newborn Care Essentials Workshop or a Baby Feeding Workshop. Both workshops are held in store at Mothercare Cardiff, Newport Road Store, CF24 1PQ. Each workshop lasts two hours and are excellent value for money at £25 per pregnant lady and guest.
Newborn Care Essentials Workshop
A superb course for beginners with babies. The course includes
- Essential tips and pointers for life in the early days with a newborn
- Learn practical skills such as: Top and tailing & Bathing baby
- Changing nappies and what to expect in a nappy!
- Newborn skin care, cord care and eye care
- Safe sleeping, swaddling and discussion of normal newborn sleep behaviour
- Troubleshooting the most common newborn worries
Baby Feeding Workshop
An excellent workshop for pregnant women and partners to learn skills and knowledge to help breastfeeding get off to a successful start. If you choose not to breastfeed learn how to safely make formula feeds and discuss the uses of feeding products available for formula feeding.
The course includes:
- Benefits of breastfeeding for you and baby
- Practical help with positioning and attachment so that breastfeeding can get off to a successful start
- How to know if baby is getting enough milk
- Trouble shooting common problems
- Expressing and storing milk
- How to safely make up formula feeds and sterilise feeding equipment
- A chance to explore and chat about feeding products, pumps, bottles etc available in store.
To book a place on the workshops please nip over to our bookings page