Birthready at Mothercare is offering expectant parents a fantastic opportunity to attend two workshops helping parents to feel confident and prepared for their new arrival.
Workshops are held on selected weekend dates at Mothercare Cardiff, Newport Store, CF24 1PQ.
The workshops are taught by an experienced midwife and are a great chance for expectant parents to learn new skills, ask questions about caring for baby and discuss the different products available in store.
Birthready are offering two workshops at Mothercare:
Book both courses together and receive a £7 discount.
Newborn Care Essentials Workshop
Saturday 25th March, 10.00-12.00 - £25 per woman + guest
or, Saturday 22nd April, 10.00-12.00 - £25 per woman + guest
A superb course for beginners with babies. The course includes
- Essential tips and pointers for life in the early days with a newborn
- Learn practical skills such as: Top and tailing & Bathing baby
- Changing nappies and what to expect in a nappy!
- Newborn skin care
- Safe sleeping and discovery of normal newborn sleep behaviour
- Top five questions asked of a midwife by new parents
Baby Feeding Workshop
Sunday 26th March, 10.30-12.30 - £25 per woman + guest
0r Saturday 22nd April, 13.00-15.00 - £25 per woman + guest
An excellent workshop for pregnant women and partners to learn skills and knowledge to help breastfeeding get off to a successful start. If you choose not to breastfeed learn how to safely make formula feeds and discuss the uses of feeding products available for formula feeding.
The course includes:
- Benefits of breastfeeding for you and baby
- Practical help with positioning and attachment so that breastfeeding can get off to a successful start
- How to know if baby is getting enough milk
- Trouble shooting common problems
- Expressing and storing milk
- How to safely make up formula feeds and sterilise feeding equipment
- A chance to explore and chat about feeding products, pumps, bottles etc available in store.
To book a place on the workshops please nip over to our bookings page